World Vision Kenya in partnership with the Fellowship of Christian Unions (FOCUS KENYA) is pleased to announce the recruitment of candidates for the 2023 Graduate Internship Programme(GRIP). Applications are welcome from young Christian graduates who have a genuine desire to serve among the poor in rural and semi-urban areas of Kenya. The candidates should be able to commit their time in the internship programme for the entire year (October 2022 to September 2023).
This annual internship programme is designed to provide real work experience and professional development to university undergraduates. Through the GRIP initiative, fresh graduates in various disciplines from both public and private universities in Kenya are placed in rural and urban settings for one year as World Vision Kenya interns.The programme offers students real work experience, under the guidance of dedicated professional supervisors, who ensure that they are ready for the workplace and are committed to servant leadership in the society.
- A citizen of Kenya
- A recent Graduate (having graduated not earlier than 2021) from a recognised University
- Proficiency in computer skills
- Young Christian professionals (25 years of age and below) with active participation in church, strong Christian commitment and experience in Christian leadership, with exposure to outreaches and missions
- Graduates with demonstrated good character, honesty, high competency and who are generally in good physical and emotional health, with evidence of a recent full medical check-up for placement anywhere in Kenya
- Graduates who are either beneficiaries of World Vision’s child sponsorship programme, or those who have experienced the impact of World Vision Kenya’s community development programmes are highly encouraged to apply
- Graduates from Arid, Semi-Arid and Fragile contexts are encouraged to apply
- Graduates must disclose any potential points for conflict of interest e.g. relatives working for, or affiliated with World Vision Kenya etc.
- Bachelor of Arts in Social Sciences/Community Development/ Gender & Development/ International Development
- Bachelor of Science in Data Science/ Statistics/ Computer Science / ICT/ BBIT
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Management
- Bachelor of Commerce /Finance/ Accounts/ Procurement/ Supply Chain/ Human Resources Management /Marketing
- Bachelor of Arts in Public Relations/Communications/Broadcast journalism/ Radio,TV & Film Production
- Bachelor of Science in Livelihoods and Resilience/Economic Development, Agriculture, Agribusiness/ Agricultural Education and Extension
- Bachelor of Science in Public Health
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering
- Bachelor of Law (LLB)
- Bachelor of Education / Special Needs Education/ Early Childhood Education/Inclusive Education
Attach the following documents with your application letter:
Copy of National ID
Curriculum Vitae (CV)
Statement of Faith (no more than 800 words)
Copy of Academic certificates and transcripts
Reference letter from the University Chaplain/ recognised Church Leader
HOW TO APPLY
All applications should be made online and channeled through the following link: https://wvi.app.box.com/f/e59b871850624cfeb4d38273f4b36d33
The deadline for application is 10th August 2022.
PLEASE NOTE: World Vision Kenya does not solicit money for all its jobs and internship career opportunities. In addition, candidates are not required to pay money in any part of the recruitment process.